St Peter’s Clearwell
This beautiful Grade 1 listed church is to be found in the historic village of Clearwell in the Forest of Dean. People have been worshipping here since it was opened in 1866. The building was commissioned by the Dowager Countess of Dunraven of Clearwell Castle and is a fine example of mid 19th century ‘French Gothic’ with its coloured stonework, stained glass and wonderfully stencilled roof.
It stands within its own churchyard close to Clearwell Castle, and is a popular church for weddings.
Our services are held at 11:00am every week and alternate between a Eucharist Service on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month and a Service of the Word, a non Eucharist service sometimes lay led, on the 2nd and 4th Sundays.
The second Sunday will sometimes be a Baptism Service if one has been requested.
For details of services for any particular Sunday please see our services page where they are listed for the month or our pew sheet which can be found on the resources page.
We also have United Parish Services 6 times a year, for details of these services please visit the services page on this website. On these occasions the whole parish comes together to worship at one of our Churches so there is only one service in the parish on those days.
© Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
More details about our Church and community at Clearwell can currently be found by accessing the website “A Church Near You”.